F.A.Q. - Huber Questions and Answers
- Q. What is HUBER?
- A. Huber is granted by the court in accordance with Wisconsin State Statute 303.08(1) which allows you the privilege to work, seek employment, family needs, and school or treatment programs if approved/verified by the Jail.
- Q. Are there rules I must follow?
- A. Huber is administered under a strict set of Jail rules. The preparations you make prior to coming to jail and your behavior and attitude will determine your ability to exercise your Huber privileges.
- HUBER Law is a privilege NOT A RIGHT
- Q. Where should I report?
- A. Washington Co Jail, 500 N Schmidt Rd, West Bend, WI 53095 Located behind the Court House enter through the RED DOORS.
- Failure to report on the court ordered date will result in a warrant for your arrest. You may jeopardize your Huber privileges as a result.
- Do not report under the influence of alcohol or drugs!!! You will be tested prior to being allowed to work. If you test positive you will be subject of disciplinary action and you may be held in from work, lose good time and/or your Huber could be revoked.
- Q. What if the inmate is on Huber but has not job?
- Non-working inmates granted Huber privileges for which the fees set forth in Washington County Ordinance 5.10 sections (a), (b), (c) or (d) are not applicable shall be charged $5.00 per day.
Q. What should I bring as a Huber Inmate?
- Bring all your employment, child care, school information and schedules.
- Bring your Huber fees.
- Bring a reasonable amount of clothing, storage space is limited.
- Medications are allowed only if they are in the original prescription bottle. Staff will verify and set the medications up to be dispensed by the Jail Staff.
- You may bring a wind up or battery operated alarm clock. No electrical or clock⁄radios. They must be new and in the package.
- Hygiene items such as a comb, cup, toothbrush, toothpaste and soap will be provided for you.
- All other hygiene products such as deodorant, shampoo, hair gels, etc. can be purchased through the Jail Commissary.
DO NOT bring in any tools, razors or weapons. DO NOT bring in cell phones, pagers. DO NOT bring in food or drinking items or any glass or metal containers.
Back To Top
Back to FAQ start page