Frequently Asked Jail Questions continued . . .
F.A.Q. - Inmate Property, Phone Calls and Visitation
- Q. What can I bring an inmate?
- A. Money can be put on an inmate's account using the KIOSK in the front lobby of the jail. Enter the inmate's name and date of birth. If you are paying with a credit card there is a limit of $100 and a fee of $4.95 per transaction. You may not enter more than $200 per week using a credit card. If you are paying with cash there is a $2.75 fee for one transaction and there is no limit on how much cash can be placed on the account.
- Inmates can also receive puzzles and the following board games: Monopoly, Risk, Trivial Pursuit, Clue, Sorry, Scrabble with dictionary, Chess/checkers-cardboard board only, Uno - card version only. Electronic versions of these games are not allowed. Certain special editions will not be allowed. Please purchase original versions if unsure.
- Q. What about books and magazines?
- A. You may receive magazines or newspapers by subscription. You may only receive 3 periodicals per month. (Daily newspapers would be considered 1 periodical for a month.) HARD COVERED BOOKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Soft covered (paperback) books may be obtained directly from the publisher or a Bookstore via U.S. Mail only. Any periodicals exploiting nudity, criminal activity, tattooing or offensive sexual contact will be placed in the inmate’s property until released from custody.
- Q. Can I pick up property from an inmate?
- A. Yes. the inmate must fill out a Property Release form with the receiver's name and an itemized list of what is to be released. An inmate must leave a full set of clothing in his property at all times until it is deterined the inmate is leaving for prison and the clothing can be released.
- Q. Can inmates make and receive phone calls?
- A. Inmates must turn in an ICS Calling Minutes form to the accountant with the amount of money to be placed on their phone account. There is a maximum of $50.00. .
- Q. How can I find out if someone is in jail?
- A. You can call the Jail at (262)335-4427 to inquire if someone is in Jail. this is also when you can inquire about bail and posting bond.
- Q. When are visiting hours?
- Straight Time Inmates:
- Tuesday - Inmates last name A-K 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Thursday. - Inmates last name L-Z 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday - Inmates last name A-K 1:30pm to 3:00pm
Saturday - Inmates last name L-Z 3:00pm to 4:30pm
- Huber Inmates:
- Wednesday - All inmates 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday - All inmates 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- All adult inmates are allowed one twenty-five minute visit per day – total of two visits per week for Straight Time and one visit per week for Huber inmates.
- Visitors will be required to call the Jail to schedule a visitation time (262-306-2263). Visitors will be restricted to scheduling a visitation on the calendar day prior to the day they are requesting to visit. For example: If you are allowed visiting on a Tuesday, anyone requesting to visity you will be required to schedule the visit on Monday.
- All inmates will also be issued a visitor list form, which they will be required to complete and submit to the Jail Staff for approval. Inmates will only be allowed visitation from those people who are named on their visitor list. Visitor lists will be restricted to no more than 8 people.
Back To Top
Back to FAQ start page