The Washington County jail has two full time nurses on staff Monday thru Friday and a full time nurse covering PM hours. Health services are accredited through the National Commission on Corrections Health Care.
- Inmates sentenced under the Huber Law are responsible for all medical costs incurred while in custody. Non-Huber inmates are responsible for medical costs incurred at the Washington County Jail based on the Medical Care Information – Inmate Co-Payments noted on the inside cover of the handbook.
- No inmate will be denied medical treatment because of his or her inability to pay.
- An inmate requiring medical attention should inform the Duty Corrections Officer that you are requesting an Inmate Sick Care Request Form to be completed and returned to the Officer on duty. These forms will be forwarded to the Jail medical staff for review.
- If you have a medical need that you feel is an emergency, notify the Duty Corrections Officer as soon as possible, so that arrangements can be made for treatment.
- The Corrections Officer under the direction of the Jail medical staff will distribute all prescription and non-prescription medications. Any attempt to conceal medication will be reported to the medical staff and may result in discontinuation of the medication and also in disciplinary action. All non-prescription drugs provided by the Jail will only be issued on the schedule currently enforced.
- All inmates who are expected to remain in the custody of the Washington County Jail for fourteen (14) days or longer are eligible for a Health Appraisal, including a TB test conducted by its Jail medical staff.
Services and evaluations are provided by the Washington County Mental Health Center. If you need to talk to the Mental Health doctor, you will need to fill out a Sick Call slip first and see the Nurse. The Nurse will determine if an appointment to see the Mental Health doctor is necessary.
If you need to talk to a crisis worker, please notify the Jail staff and we will contact them for you.
Back To Top
Back to Main Jail Page
Google Translator Use: The Washington County Sheriff’s website has made reasonable efforts to provide an accurate translation. However, no automated or computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace human or traditional translation methods. The official text is the English version of Washington County Sheriff’s website. If any questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information presented by the translated version of the website, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.