The Washington County Jail provides specific rules for visitors involved in the legal actions of the incarcerated. Please note rules for these contacts.
Professional Visitor Information
Policies and Procedures
Professional visitors approved for a contact visit at the Washington County Jail will adhere to the following procedures and regulations. Failure to do so may result in permanent or suspended visiting privileges.
- Upon request, present proper identification at the visiting window.
- Please log your visit in the register book provided at the entrance to the secure Jail. Utilize all areas designated for your visit (full name, address of business, time in/out, inmate you will be visiting or reason for the visit).
- No electronic devices are allowed in the Jail.
- All purses, briefcases, backpacks and any other items deemed by the Officers as a security risk will not be allowed into the facility. At the Officer’s discretion any item may be searched and you may be subject to a metal detector scan.
- Once you have signed in you will be directed to the area of the Jail where your visit will be conducted.
- DO NOT GIVE AN INMATE ANY ITEM WITHOUT FIRST HAVING THE ITEM CHECKED BY AN OFFICER.
- During your visit the conference room door will remain CLOSED and LOCKED. This is for Jail security.
- When your visit is completed, press the intercom button to alert the Officer. If you need to see another inmate please notify the Officer at that time. The inmate will be brought to you at the Officer’s earliest convenience. When your visit is complete you will be directed to the exit and will be expected to sign out on the log.
- In case of emergency during your visit, press the alert button, and the Officers will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
- Family members of the inmate will not be considered for professional visits.
- Professional visitors can be assigned to a non-contact visit by the Jail Staff at any time based on space availability and security issues.
We appreciate your cooperation in complying with the above rules and ensuring the security of the Washington County Jail.
Top of Page
Back To Main Jail Page
Google Translator Use: The Washington County Sheriff’s website has made reasonable efforts to provide an accurate translation. However, no automated or computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace human or traditional translation methods. The official text is the English version of Washington County Sheriff’s website. If any questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information presented by the translated version of the website, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.